Here are 12 reasons to list your home for sale during the holiday season.
For those of us in Florida, where it’s sunny and warm during the holidays, there might be a 13th reason. There are many more visitors, now that it is cold and snowy in their home town, who might be interested in buying a second home or vacation home. Sunny, clear, and in the 70’s with a slight breeze, it sure is nice here on the beach in St Pete.
1.People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays.
3. One of the highest percentages of “listings sold” to “listings taken” occurs during this time of year.
4. You may receive more money for your home now, because you have less competition.
5.Throughout the holiday season, you may restrict showings during your personal family events.
6. Houses show better when decorated for the holidays.
7. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays especially during vacations.
8. January is traditionally the biggest transfer month – and you must be in the market to capture those buyers since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy.
9. By selling now you can have a delayed closing or extended occupancy until the beginning of the following year if you want it.
10. When you sell during the winter you have an opportunity to buy during the spring, when many homes are on the market.
11. You may have fewer actual showings but more qualified and motivated prospects.
12. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.