Here are just a few of many activities and events happening in the St Petersburg-Clearwater-Tampa Bay area this weekend. Now go out there and enjoy! Gorgeous 74 degrees and sunny, not bad for February.
Saturday, Feb. 9-18th Florida State Fair
Florida State Fairgrounds Tampa
includes nearly 80 rides, games, animal exhibits, demonstrations and tons of “fair” food. This year, the fair will be celebrating Florida’s 500th anniversary of the arrival of Ponce de Leon on the east coast of Florida with a Tampa Bay History Center curated exhibit $8-$12 ages 12 and older, $4-$6 ages 6-11, 5 and younger free.
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 2 pm, 8pm Freefall Theatre, 6099 Central Ave., St. Petersburg
An Empty Plate in the Cafe du Grand Boeuf
When Victor, the owner and sole patron of the finest restaurant in Paris, announces one day that he wishes to die of starvation, the staff proposes a compromise: They will cook one final meal and leave it in the kitchen, describing each course over a series of empty plates. This play celebrates food and the collected works of Ernest Hemingway. Through Feb. 17. $37-$44
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 2 pm Mardi Gras at Ricky P’s
Ricky P’s Orleans Bistro, 1113 Central Ave., St. Petersburg Ricky P’s anniversary Mardi Gras party with a “P” theme. Come dressed as anything representing a word starting with a “P” — think Pope, pretty lady, Packer fan, pirate, police officer or princess. Everyone in costume can join a second line parade starting at Ricky P’s, stopping at Taps ‘n Tequila and ending at Ferg’s Sports Bar.
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 7 pm Sant’ Yago Illuminated Knight Parade
Knight Parade Starting Point Seventh Avenue and Nebraska Avenue, Ybor City Steve Wilkos serves as grand marshal for this night-time parade featuring more than 100 illuminated floats, marching bands, krewes, royalty and of course lots of Beads!
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 8 pm Florida Orchestra Pops Concert: Broadway Now
- Mahaffey Theater 400 First St. S, St. Petersburg, Victor Vanacore conducts a parade of songs from Broadway shows like
Brigadoon, The Phantom of the Opera, West Side Story, Jeckyl & Hyde, The Scarlet Pimpernel, A Little Night Music, Les Miserables, Man of La Mancha, Sweeney Todd
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 8 pm Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons Concert
- Ruth Eckerd Hall 1111 N McMullen-Booth Road, Clearwater Eight No. 1 hits including
Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
- , the group has sold more than 100 million records. $59.50-$115.
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 4:30 pm Wine Weekend St. Pete 2013: International Wine Auction
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club 501 Fifth Ave. NE, St. Petersburg This is for wine lovers-some of the world’s best wines, dinner, dancing, vintners and auctions, to benefit the Margaret Acheson Stuart Society of the Museum of fine Arts and its children’s programs. $285 per person
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 6 pm “Love through the Lens” Artist Reception
- Feathered Serpent Gallery 1018 Central Ave, St. Petersburg-Opening reception for a exhibition by renowned Cuban cinematographer Mario Garcia Joya, featuring two programs regarding photography and cinematography. Discussion with Mario Garcia Joya, filming difficult scenes, February 10, 4 pm to 6 pm. Exhibit runs through February 26.
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 7 pm The Old 97s Concert
- State Theatre 687 Central Ave., St. Petersburg Nine studio albums with hits including Dance with Me and Timebomb.$20 advance, $23 day of show
Saturday, Feb. 9 at 8 pm Chris James
- Push Ultra Lounge 128 Third St. S, St. Petersburg The vocalist on the Grammy-nominated club hit
- by Deadmau5 will sing and DJ at the club. James was a guest vocalist for the song, which ranked number 48 on
- ’s list of the 50 best songs of 2012.$10 for men. Women free
Sunday, Feb. 10 at 7 am Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Series/Fitness Expo
Tropicana Field 1 Stadium Drive, St. Petersburg – 13.1-mile run through St. Petersburg to the downtown waterfront with live bands at every mile and a free post-race concert by Jamaican pop-rapper Sean Kingston. Race is from Tropicana Field to North Shore Park. This year adds a new 3.1-mile mini-marathon. Register online. $85-$150; $34-$45 mini-marathon.
Sunday, Feb. 10 at 11 a.m.
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club 501 Fifth Ave. NE, St. Petersburg Continue with where you left off on Saturday night- to benefit the Margaret Acheson Stuart Society of the Museum of fine Arts and its programs. Brunch with wine and champagne tastings, culinary temptations, local artists and live music wraps up the Wine Weekend. Ticket: $100.
Sunday, Feb. 10 at 4 pm My Black is Beautiful Pageant
St. Petersburg City Theatre 4025 31st St. S, St. Petersburg In celebration of Black History Month, this beauty pageant shows youth ages 7 to 18 the activities and opportunities available to them at the theater and give them the opportunity to showcase their talent and abilities in an effort to win the title. $20.
Sunday, Feb. 10 at 5 pm St. Petersburg Festival Chorus and Orchestra
St. Peter’s Episcopal Cathedral 140 Fourth St. N, St. Petersburg The St. Petersburg Festival Chorus and Orchestra present the music of Francis Poulenc, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of his death. Featuring a performances of his celebrated Concerto for Organ, Strings, and Timpani with Dr. Susan Robinson, guest conductor and Dwight Thomas, organist.
Sunday, Feb. 10 at 7 p.m.
- Freefall Theatre 6099 Central Ave., St. Petersburg The play made famous by Lily Tomlin, tours the galaxy guided by a self-proclamed crazy person. $15.