You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Marketing to International Clients’ category.
Please join us for our first CIPS course this year on April 3rd. Register now before it’s too late. It’s just next week!
Florida accounted for the largest share at 22 percent of total U.S. residential home sales to international clients, which the National Association of REALTORS® estimated at $102.6 Billion. Florida attracted buyers from Latin America, Europe, and Canada who tend to purchase properties in warm climates for vacation purposes. St Petersburg-Tampa-Clearwater is in the top 10 markets in the USA for International BUYERS.
Consider these facts:
- $19.4 Billion in sales to international buyers for the year ending 6/16
- 19% of Florida’s market (volume) was to international buyers
- 47,000 residential properties
- 12% of Florida’s market (units)
- 72% made an all-cash purchase
Note: The facts above were provided as part of the National Association of REALTORS® Profile of International Home Buyers in Florida study.
Don’t get left out of this important market! Did you know that 22% of all International buyers in the USA bought property in Florida? International buyers are a significant component of the Florida real estate market. 74% purchase with cash & spend an average of $174, 624 for their Florida-based home. According to National Association of Realtors, between April 2015 & March 2016, two out of three Florida Realtors worked with International buyers last year
Please join us for this very informative day. Excellent speakers & 3 hours of CE credit too!
NOW IS THE TIME to get involved with International Real Estate. Attend our Pinellas International Council’s 6th Annual Global Symposium and learn the proper way to work with buyers & sellers from around the world ! Register here: http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/popup.php?op=view&id=108868777&crd=pro
Willkommen – Please join us for our February 15th International Marketing session at PRO. Norma Brenne Henning, Honorary Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany is our speaker. It is FREE but YOU MUST REGISTER on PRO website. Vielen Dank.
Are you a REALTOR who deals with international real estate and want to build “global” business skills? Then you need to attend this class!
Please join us on Thursday, February 2nd from 8:30 to noon.
You will learn from two international real estate experts on these subjects:
1. Opportunities for International Networking and Marketing Properties – Tami Simms, Coastal Property Group
* Understanding the importance of international buyers
* Resources for networking with international agents
* Where to market internationally
* How to market properties effectively to international buyers
2. Working with International Buyers and Sellers with a focus on the Asian market – Jiayin Liao, Bailey Glasser Law Firm
* Learn how to help Asians realize their dreams of a cross-border lifestyle
* Learn how to keep up with the latest information on both sides of the border and work together to determine the best course of action
* Become familiar with cross-border issues whether they are related to language, culture, law or just plain common sense.
At Home With Diversity® is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. Since 1998, the At Home With Diversity® program has prepared over 20,000 REALTORS® to work effectively with and within today’s increasingly diverse pool of homebuyers.
Please join us as instructor Phil Riek, the 2016 Florida Realtors Education Individual Achievement Award winner, leads you through this informative class on September 22, 2016 to be held at the Pinellas Realtor Organization building at 4590 Ulmerton Road, Clearwater Florida from 8:30-5pm.
The At Home With Diversity® Course teaches REALTORS® how to:
* Assess and understand attributes of diversity in local markets and their impact on the real estate industry
* Build a business plan and selling strategy to successfully service all client profiles
* Understand basic competencies to earn the confidence of potential buyers and sellers, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, handicaps, familial status, or national origin
Note: As with many NAR certification/designation courses, this certification may have additional requirements. For more information, call NAR Resort at 800-874-6500 ext. 8393 or visit the NAR At Home With Diversity webpage.
Click here to register
PRO Members – would you like a scholarship to help pay for this course? The REALTOR® Professional Development Scholarship is available for you, courtesy of the Pinellas REALTOR® Foundation and the Affiliate Business Partners of PRO. Click here to learn more and apply.Note: the scholarship does not cover any additional costs associated with obtaining the certification. If you’re interested in the scholarship, REGISTER AND PAY FOR THIS COURSE FIRST, then fill out the application on the webpage linked above. We request that you register and pay for the course first to guarantee your spot since scholarships and seating are limited. If you are awarded, we will issue you a check.
Click here to register.
Contact: Jan Dean
The Pinellas International Council will be holding the Asia/Pacific and International Real Estate course on Thursday, June 16th, 2016 from 8am to 5pm at the Pinellas Realtor Organization building in Clearwater, Florida.
In this new world of globalized business, we are in contact with people from Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, Korea and the Philippines. Their economies count on countries of the Americas and the Pacific Rim to provide access for their goods to our markets. We count on them to supply us with quality merchandise at reasonable prices and providing new markets for the products of the Americas. One such product is real estate. This course provides information, insights and skills for working with Asian investors seeking overseas properties and for investors from the Americas seeking investments in Asia.
Upon successful completion of this course, a real estate professional will be able to:
• Discuss the social, economic, political, and geographical characteristics of major countries in the Asia/Pacific region.
• Identify important characteristics of the real estate market in certain Asia/Pacific markets, including influential laws and real estate and brokerage practices.
• Evaluate opportunities in certain Asian markets by analyzing significant investment patterns, investor profiles and real estate activity.
• Discuss ways to develop a business network to start or enhance an international practice with Asian clients or properties.
• Discuss techniques to promote properties, markets, and professional services.
SPEAKER: Carlos Fuentes
Mr. Fuentes has been involved in commercial and international real estate for the last 25 years, having earned the CCIM (Commercial R.E. Specialist), CIPS (International R.E. Specialist) and TRC (Transnational Referrals Certification) designations. His activities have included land acquisition and site development, office, retail, industrial and second home resort properties in the Caribbean, Latin America and the U.S. Contract and financing negotiations, market and investment analysis are all areas in which he has gained valuable experience. He has successfully completed a significant number of 1031 Exchanges.
Carlos has published articles in several national and international magazines and been a presenter at both national and international seminars and panels. He is a member of the NAR Speaker Cadre, a Certified CIPS and TRC Instructor as well as a Federal Court Certified Interpreter (English/Spanish).
He served as 2011 NAR Executive Committee Liaison to Global, Resort and Second Home Real Estate Group, Regional Coordinator for North America, Central America and the Caribbean, NAR and Florida REALTORS® Director, Past President of My Florida Regional MLS (with 34,000 users) and the Greater Tampa Association of REALTORS®. Mr. Fuentes received the 2003 NAR International Outreach Effort Award and the 2006 NAR President’s Liaison Award. He was the recipient of the 2008 GTAR Deal of the Year Award, recognizing a unique transaction, and named 2009 GTAR REALTOR® of the Year.
7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.: Sign-in, networking, and breakfast
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Course
Light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Seating is limited and registration is required.
PRO Members ($95):
Click here to register.
PRO Members – would you like a scholarship to help pay for this course? The REALTOR® Professional Development Scholarship is available for you, courtesy of the Pinellas REALTOR® Foundation and the Affiliate Business Partners of PRO. Click here to learn more and apply. Note: the scholarship does not cover any additional costs associated with obtaining the certification. If you’re interested in the scholarship, REGISTER AND PAY FOR THIS COURSE FIRST, then fill out the application on the webpage linked above. We request that you register and pay for the course first to guarantee your spot since scholarships and seating are limited. If you are awarded, we will issue you a check.
Non-PRO Members ($95) Click here to register.
***This course is one of the courses required to earn the prestigious Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation. The CIPS Network comprises 2,500 real estate professionals from 50 countries and is the specialty membership group for global business practitioners of the National Association of Realtors®. The CIPS® designation prepares Realtors® to service the growing international market in their local community by focusing on culture, exchange rates, investment trends, and legal issues. Click here for more information about CIPS and the requirements to earn this prestigious designation.
Contact: Jan Dean at Email: JDean@tampabayrealtor.com Phone: 727-216-3004
Spending the day w/Deborah Boza-Valledor teaching Transnational Referral Certification (TRC), Proxio, and Marketing Yourself Globally! Priceless!
We are talking about Deborah Boza-Valledor, the COO of the greater Miami Association of Realtors and Beaches, who was awarded the 2015 CIPS Instructor of the Year Award for her teaching excellence in the field of International Real Estate by NAR.
The Pinellas International Council (PIC) has put together an exciting International Day with Deborah. The Date is April 15th, so it’s Tax Day. You should have either filed your taxes or requested an extension! So come spend the with us!!.
Hold on to your seats – here comes Deborah, a whirlwind in action! Practice your shorthand as you will be given innumerable and priceless tips and ideas by this dynamic presenter! Brought to you by the Pinellas International Council, your $20 fee includes three classes (and lunch!) by one of the most well-respected national international real estate presenters, Deborah Boza-Valledor. Take your international real estate career to the next level with Deborah. This day promises to be highly informative, fast-paced and one of a kind.
1. Transnational Referral Certification You will to learn how to make and receive compensated referrals using a proven system so that you can integrate international referrals into your business plan. Upon completion of this course, you will be given the opportunity to become certified and included in the World Properties TRC database for a fee. Click here for additional information about the TRC certification. You will learn how to: * Integrate international referrals * Increase your income * Market yourself worldwide as “TRC” * Be part of a searchable database.
2. Proxio Enjoy your complimentary lunch while learning about Proxio – a real estate platform that provides global marketing and networking services that empower you to market yourself and your listings worldwide in 19 languages and 55 currencies. Real estate professionals use Proxio’s online services to promote and translate listings, build business networks, and search for properties that meet client’s criteria – across geographic and cultural borders. By connecting the sources of real estate supply and demand in an efficient manner, Proxio enables real estate professionals to reach a global audience and close more transactions.
3. Marketing Yourself Globally Identifying and marketing your personal brand is an essential core competency for managing and sustaining a successful real estate career. Empower yourself by knowing what you have to offer, what you want and how to ask for it. Learn tips of the trade from Deborah about how to position yourself worldwide as the “expert” in real estate. Don’t neglect the rest of the world – you could be missing out on tons of sales.
SCHEDULE: 9:00 a.m. to noon: Transnational Referral Certification Noon to 12:30 p.m.: Break 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Proxio (Lunch and Learn) 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Break 2:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m.: Marketing Yourself Globally
INSTRUCTOR: Deborah Boza-Valledor Deborah calls herself an “Island Girl” as she was born in Key West to a Cuban father and a Bahamian mother, and grandparents from the Spanish Canary Islands. Deborah is a REALTOR® and licensed instructor as well as an avid blogger and coffee drinker. She currently holds the position of Chief Operating Officer of the REALTOR® Association of Greater Miami and the Beaches. Deborah has served as a Director of the National Association of REALTORS® and as the International Regional Coordinator for North America, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
REGISTRATION: Pinellas International Council (PIC) Members: $20: Click here to register.
Please join us for the 4th Annual Global Real Estate Symposium! Register NOW before it’s too late.
The Pinellas International Council presents the 4th Annual Global Symposium. Engage with fellow REALTORS® and learn from our expert speakers working with the global market. Plus register & attend the afternoon session for CE credits.
Door prizes will be raffled off! You must be present to win, but won’t want to miss out!
YOU’LL HEAR FROM:
1. Susan Inez-Poskus, International CPA with Roberge Poskus International
“International Tax Items for Non-Residents – Changes and Concerns”
2. Joe Schneider, Manager of Global Business Development & Outreach at NAR
“The Impact of Globalization on Your Local Market: Working Profitably with Foreign Buyers”
3. Paula Smith, CCIM, Broker Associate | Robert Barber, CCIM, Residential and Commercial Specialist (both with Coastal Properties Group International)
PLUS – 3 HOUR CE CREDIT COURSE:
“Marketing to International Clients”
NOTE: This class will run from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you just want to attend the class you may, but you still need to register.
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.: Sign-in, networking, continental breakfast
9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.: Symposium
3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Networking, appetizers and drinks
There will be a lunch break and lunch will be provided for you! All other food and drink is included in the registration fee, and is provided by our Affiliate Business Partners. Please visit them during the networking periods!
Contact: Jan Dean